Wednesday, March 4, 2009

If I were the boss...

If I were the boss, I would pay my employees enough.  There is a saying, pay peanuts and get monkeys.  Well I don't want my employees to act like monkeys.  It is not a zoo.

I would allow all my employees to work flexi time.  I will organise laptops with wireless internet so that you don't need to be at the office every minute.

I would install Skype on every computer/laptop to communicate and send files via Skype.

I would treat all the employees equally and with respect.

I would be strict and firm but also generous.  I would always listen to their suggestions, creative ideas and we we will have a discussion and then make a decision.

I would expect from my employees to do their best and meet deadlines on time but also to enjoy their work and the working environment.

I would take the employees once a month for lunch on the company's expense.

I would have brainstorming sessions on our projects.  It would be fun but productive.

I would give young students an opportunity to gain experience from our company.

Not so important, but there will not be cheap instant coffee at the office, only pure percolated coffee.

I would like to be the best boss, my employees must rather see me as their co-worker.

Most important, I would take a fat salary home every month.


2 comments:

  1. I would love to be one of your employees. Your very level-headed and view your employees as equals. I hope that one day you will be the boss of your own company. We need more people like you in the business world. Being concerned and paying an interest in your employees is a must, in these times, to be successful. Any person would be lucky to be employed by you. Naturally, you are a kind-hearted person, and people respect that about you, therefore they will not take advantage of your kindness. I believe that you will go very far in life. You have the right mind-set and heart to get you there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are the boss one day, please give me a call. You even think about the small things such as coffee, and that is what makes a good boss great, the ones who remember the small things. That is what gets the respect from you employees and makes them go that extra mile and that leads to the success of your company.

    ReplyDelete